- FAA Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS)
initial operating capability (IOC) scheduled for 2003.
- FAA Local Area Augmentation System (LAAS)
is planned to begin public service in 2006.
- Loran-C will remain in service in the short term while the Administration
continues to evaluate the long-term need for the system.
radiobeacons not used for differential GPS have been phased out.
- Stand-alone aeronautical nondirectional beacons (NDBs) will be
phased out starting in 2010.
- NDBs used as compass locators for ILSs will be phased
out when the underlying ILSs are withdrawn.
Federal Radionavigation Plan
Last updated 9 April 2002
Comments to Webmaster